- CRAFTSMAN debuts new products ranging from battery-powered brushless ride on mowers to lawn and garden tools
- V20* and BRUSHLESS RP™ lines expand to include a variety of new outdoor products
TOWSON, Md., April 17, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Stanley Black & Decker's (NYSE: SWK) iconic CRAFTSMAN® brand announces the launch of several new electric outdoor products designed to help doers tackle their lawn and garden chores with ease and efficiency. New products range from battery-powered mowers to cordless lawn and garden tools providing power and runtime to meet yard care needs.
"At CRAFTSMAN, we understand that innovation and electrification are key priorities for today's doers. That's why we are proud to further electrify and expand our cordless outdoor lineup to include everything from a battery-powered zero-turn mower to an electric pruning chainsaw that meet the needs of both experienced gardeners and first-time homeowners," said Christine Potter, President, Outdoor Business Unit for Stanley Black & Decker.
The Power of Battery – CRAFTSMAN® Riding Mowers Go Electric CRAFTSMAN introduces three new battery-powered brushless riding mowers to its outdoor lineup, including a compact riding mower, premium riding mower and zero-turn mower. Ranging from a 30-In. steel deck to 42-In., these mowers can mow between one to two acres of grass per charge∆. The new CRAFTSMAN battery-powered mowers include the following:
- 56V MAX* 30-in. Battery-Powered Brushless Compact Riding Mower (CMCRM233301)
- 56V MAX* 42-in. Battery-Powered Brushless Premium Riding Mower (CMCRM233303)
- 56V MAX* 42-in. Battery-Powered Brushless Zero-Turn Mower (CMCRM233401)
In addition, CRAFTSMAN launched a new 24 HP† 54-in. Gas Zero-Turn Riding Mower (CMGN231702) featuring a Kohler® Pro KT735 engine with Tuff Torq TZ 350 transmission.
CRAFTSMAN® V20* BRUSHLESS RP™ Line Extends into Outdoors Eighty one percent of homeowners say they have a true sense of accomplishment when they complete their lawn/yard work^. Recognizing the satisfaction that comes with a job well done, CRAFTSMAN expands its V20* BRUSHLESS RP™ line to include outdoor products that are designed to deliver the runtime and performance users demand. V20* BRUSHLESS RP™ outdoor products include:
- V20* 2x20V BRUSHLESS RP™ Push Mower (CMCMW220P2) and V20* 2x20V BRUSHLESS RP™ Self-Propelled Push Mower (CMCMWSP220P2) – These battery-powered push mowers each feature a powerful brushless motor and are equipped with two 5.0Ah batteries, allowing each mower to perform up to 50 minutes of runtime1.
- V20* BRUSHLESS RP™ String Trimmer (5.0Ah) (CMCST930P1) – The string trimmer's compact design and lightweight feature, up to 82% lighter than gas2, provides up to 75 minutes of runtime3.
- V20* 2x20V BRUSHLESS RP™ Pressure Washer (CMCPW1500N2) – The cold water pressure washer features powerful cleaning power with 1,500 MAX PSI4 and 1.2 GPM5 with up to 60 minutes of runtime6.
- V20* BRUSHLESS RP™ Blower Kit (CMCBL730P1) – The axial blower delivers a powerful performance with up to 66% more runtime7 and up to 37% more force8.
- V20* BRUSHLESS RP™ Combo Kit (CMCK497P1) – Kit features the BRUSHLESS RP™ Blower (CMCBL730) and BRUSHLESS RP™ String Trimmer (CMCST930).
Bring on the Lawn and Garden According to a Stanley Black & Decker survey, 71% of homeowners say they enjoy the time they spend caring for their yard^. To make yard work even more enjoyable, CRAFTSMAN has announced a range of new V20* cordless lawn and garden tools designed to help doers go wherever the work is without the limitations of cords or gas engines.
- V20* Multi-Use Garden Tool Kit (CMCA320C1) – The cordless multi-use garden tool provides power and performance for garden and flowerbed jobs by digging holes up to 3x faster than a manual planter9.
- V20* Pruning Chainsaw Kit (CMCCS320D1) – With a 6-In. bar and chain, the pruning saw has the cutting capacity of up to 4-In. and has optimal cutting power to make up to 85 cuts per charge10.
- V20* Tiller/Cultivator (Tool Only) (CMCTL320B) – The tiller/cultivator has an 8-In. tilling width and a 6.5-In. tilling depth for a variety of garden sizes.
CRAFTSMAN outdoor products are available in stores and online where CRAFTSMAN products are sold. More details on both kitted and bare units follow below. To learn more about these products and the entire line of CRAFTSMAN tools and solutions, visit www.CRAFTSMAN.com.
56V MAX* 30-in. Battery-Powered Brushless Compact Riding Mower
56V MAX* 42-in. Battery-Powered Brushless Premium Riding Mower
56V MAX* 42-in. Battery-Powered Brushless Zero-Turn Mower
24 HP† 54-in. Gas Zero-Turn Riding Mower (Z7600)
V20* 2x20V BRUSHLESS RP™ Push Mower
V20* 2x20V BRUSHLESS RP™ Self-Propelled Push Mower
V20* BRUSHLESS RP™ String Trimmer (5.0Ah)
V20* BRUSHLESS RP™ Blower Kit
V20* BRUSHLESS RP™ Combo Kit
2xV20* BRUSHLESS RP™ Pressure Washer
V20* Multi-Use Garden Tool Kit
V20* Pruning Chainsaw Kit (2.0Ah)
V20* Tiller/Cultivator (Tool Only)
* 20V MAX battery: Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 volts. Nominal voltage is 18 volts; 56V MAX battery: Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 56 volts. Nominal voltage is 50.4 volts.
∆ Per Charge, minimal cutting load, using discharge cutting mode and highest cutting position at full speed with a CRAFTSMAN 56V MAX* 30Ah (model: CMCRM233301) or 60Ah battery (models: CMCRM233303 & CMCRM233401)
† HP disclaimer is industry standard: Engine power ratings are as certified by the engine manufacturer. Actual operating power may vary. Refer to the engine manufacturer's website for additional information.
^ According to Stanley Black & Decker's Eager to Electrify survey conducted in 2022
1 Per charge, mowing top one third of grass height, on height setting 5, using (2) CRAFTSMAN *V20 CMCB205 5.0Ah batteries
2 Weight with CMCB205 CRAFTSMAN V20* 5.0Ah battery vs. CMXGTAMDCS25 with full tank of gasoline
3 Per charge, no load runtime using a CRAFTSMAN V20* CMCB205 5.0Ah Battery on low speed and with 11" swath
4 When used with 15-degree nozzle on boost speed
5 When used with 15-degree nozzle on boost speed
6 Per charge using two CRAFTSMAN CMCB209 batteries on low speed with turbo nozzle
7 Per charge, No Load runtime using a CRAFTSMAN V20* CMCB205 5.0Ah Battery on low speed vs CMCBL700D1 using a CRAFTSMAN V20* CMCB202 2.0Ah Battery on low speed
8 Using CMCB205 CRAFTSMAN V20* 5.0Ah battery on Boost vs. Craftsman CMCBL700D1 using Craftsman V20* CMCB202 2Ah Battery on high speed
9 Using CMCB2015 CRAFTSMAN V20* 1.5Ah, 3" deep holes from surface to removal vs. 4" standard manual planter in existing untilled garden
10 Using a CRAFTSMAN V20* CMCB202 2.0Ah Battery on 2" Pine Dowels
KOHLER is a registered trademark of Kohler Co.
CRAFTSMAN® is an American icon that homeowners, home builders, auto enthusiasts and master mechanics have trusted since 1927 – and today's CRAFTSMAN® continues that legacy. With a focus on reliable, high-performance tools, storage and equipment, CRAFTSMAN® has revived its long-established pride in superior quality. Now it's easier than ever to get the tools trusted for generations at more places than ever. For more information visit www.craftsman.com or follow CRAFTSMAN® on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
About Stanley Black & Decker
Headquartered in the USA, Stanley Black & Decker (NYSE: SWK) is a worldwide leader in tools and outdoor operating manufacturing facilities worldwide. Guided by its purpose – for those who make the world – the company's more than 50,000 diverse and high-performing employees produce innovative, award-winning power tools, hand tools, storage, digital tool solutions, lifestyle products, outdoor products, engineered fasteners and other industrial equipment to support the world's makers, creators, tradespeople and builders. The company's iconic brands include DEWALT®, BLACK+DECKER®, CRAFTSMAN®, STANLEY®, CUB CADET®, HUSTLER® and TROY-BILT®. Recognized for its leadership in environmental, social and governance (ESG), Stanley Black & Decker strives to be a force for good in support of its communities, employees, customers and other stakeholders. To learn more visit: www.stanleyblackanddecker.com
Senior Public Relations Manager